Protecting children 24 hours a day

Homepage arrow Services arrow Concerned about a child

Concerned about a child

If you have concerns about a child but are not sure what to do, or if you are worried about a child’s safety or welfare, you should contact your local TUSLA Children and Family Agency local Social Work Duty Service.
A report to the Duty Social Worker can be made in person, by telephone or in writing. Any member of the public who has a concern about a child can contact the local social work duty service in the area where the child lives for advice about reporting your concerns.
If you have a concern outside of office hours you can contact the Gardai.

ISPCC operates a Support Line Mon-Fri 9-5 for parents or members of the public who may be concerned about the welfare of a child and who need more information and support. Ph: 01-6767960 or click here for more information