Guided Self-Care Digital Programmes
Children, young people and families often talk with us about how they can experience anxiety and challenges to their mental and emotional wellbeing.
Anxiety is a normal human response to danger or threat, but it becomes an issue when it is more severe than it should be relative to the situation, lasts longer than it should, or influences the way we function in our daily lives.
To support, we offer FREE digital programmes aimed at reducing anxiety for children and young people, as well as digital programmes for parents and carers around managing their own anxiety while supporting their anxious child or teenager.
About The Programmes
These programmes, developed by SilverCloud* are based on the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), incorporate mindfulness practices and are specifically designed to assist in managing anxiety.
They aim to empower participants to think and feel better and to apply the given techniques in their day-to-day lives.
A trained member of our Childline team guides and supports each participant through their programme confidentially.
* SilverCloud is a leading global provider of evidence-based digital wellbeing and behavioural health solutions
Children and Young People:
- The ‘Space from Anxiety’ programme is for children and young people between the ages of 14 – 18 years old** who experience low to moderate anxiety.
- The programme is designed to assist young people in reducing the distress associated with anxiety.
- Space From Anxiety teaches young people techniques they can use every day to help them cope with whatever might come their way.
** Children and young people need the consent of their parent/carer to avail of the Space from Anxiety programme.
Click here for more information on the Space from Anxiety Programme for Children and Young People
Parents and Carers:
These programmes are for parents and carers to help them explore anxiety and to better support their child or young person.
- ‘Supporting An Anxious Child’ programme– for parents/carers of children and young people between the ages of five and 11 years old.
- ‘Supporting an Anxious Teen’ programme – for parents/carers of children and young people between 12 and 18 years old.
Click here for more information on our self-guided programmes for anxious children and teens.
If you work with children or are a childcare professional, you can refer parents /carers/ children and young people aged 14-18 years to us.
Children and young people must have parental consent to participate.
The programmes outlined in this document are not suitable for high risk users or those experiencing suicidal ideation.
Click here to download the leaflet for further information.
Feedback from previous participants
“I’m really enjoying the programme so far!”
“I find this programme so helpful, and I already feel some improvement within myself!”
“I also feel like I’m getting everything I wanted out of this programme, and I feel like I’m a new person.”
Our delivery of these programmes is supported by the HSE National Office for Suicide Prevention, as part of ‘Connecting for Life, Ireland’s National Strategy to Reduce Suicide’ and The Community Foundation for Ireland: RTÉ Does Comic Relief: Adapt and Respond Grant