Hey teachers, want to do something spectacularly spooky and scary this Halloween? Don’t worry, it’s all in a good cause and you can make a real difference to children and young people throughout Ireland while also channelling your inner monster, zombie or even werewolf…
This Halloween marks the very first Conga Line for Childline and everyone at school is invited: https://ispcc.enthuse.com/cf/halloween-conga-line-for-childline
Skeletons, witches and ghosts, you’re all very welcome to this Childline get-together – as long as you’ve got your dancing shoes on! It’s going to be a scream…
We’re asking teachers and students alike to dress up during any day in October, flaunt their fang-tastic outfits and then get ready to show off their moves. Each class will form a conga line through the school, spreading joy and awareness for Childline.
Together we can make a real difference for children and young people throughout Ireland.
Conga Line for Childline is the ISPCC’s latest school campaign. We want to bring children together to have fun, while making a big difference to the lives of others. Every student is invited to donate €4 as part of this fundraiser for Childline, a service that provides support for all children and young people, no matter what’s on their mind.
ISPCC needs to raise over 75% of its funding through donations each year to ensure we can be there to support children and young people 24-hours a day, 365 days of the year. We rely on the generosity of the public and are grateful for all support. We encourage children to reach out for any reason.
To participate in Conga Line for Childline, simply do the following:
• sign up your class or school by registering here and you will automatically receive your fundraising page
• choose a date in October. Childline will send you a digital information booklet and post balloons and posters to you for your event
• ask each student to donate €4 though your school’s fundraising page. This link can easily be sent to parents/guardians through email, shared on your school’s website/social media or WhatsApp as well as Aladdin and Unique
• Childline will provide your school with a virtual school talk and certificate upon completion of Conga Line for Childline
• Donations will automatically be sent to Childline from the fundraising page. These donations will support our 24/7 listening service
Notes to Editors:
ISPCC spokespeople are available for comment or interview.
For more information, please contact:
Rowena Walsh, ISPCC Media and Communications Coordinator
Tel: 087 2997872 Email: [email protected]
ISPCC is a charity dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and young people. The charity provides a suite of Childline services and supports for children and young people up to and including those aged 18 years old. Childline’s 24-hour support line can be contacted for FREE, 365 days a year 24/7. Children can chat online at childline.ie or call 1800 66 66 66.
ISPCC provide services, supports and programmes for parents/carers and those working or volunteering in child and youth settings e.g., schools, clubs, crèches etc.